Health Facility Briefing
Health Facility Briefing
The HFBS Briefing Module allows Health Service Planners, Architects, and Urban Planning Professionals to brief a health facility, the module contains health facility guidelines that can be rapidly dragged into a project to brief a health facility.
The Briefing Module is an invaluable tool for health facility planning specialists to act on the need for health services. Users of the briefing module can design health facilities according to the need for services.
Watch an introduction to the Briefing Module.
Efficiently plan, appropriately brief, competently design and quickly deliver healthcare facilities
The Health Facility Guidelines carefully balance the required features and standards against capital and operational costs without compromising the quality of care. Sustainability demands that the precious knowledge of healthcare design be shared rather than wasted after every successful project. These guidelines bring that shared knowledge to the world to achieve these key objectives:
• Establish the minimum acceptable standards
• Maintain public confidence in the facilities which comply with these guidelines
• Provide a basis for the approval and licensing of healthcare facilities
• Provide guidance to designers on the special needs of healthcare facilities
• Consider the wellbeing, safety, privacy and dignity of patients, staff and visitors
• Eliminate design features that result in unacceptable practices
• Allow Health Authorities to require compliance with these guidelines
• Provide a knowledge base to inform future healthcare design consultants
Access the health facility guidelines on the go with mobile and tablet apps
These Apps offer the contents of various International Health Facility Design Guidelines (iHFG) and Healthcare Standards which are created or hosted by the HFBS platform. These apps provide the text as well as 1000+ Standard Design Components (Medical Templates) including detailed plans and Room Data Sheets which can be used by Architects, Medical Planners, Health Officials, Health Inspectors, Hospital Owners and Operators. The apps offer easy touch navigation, search, plan view, zoom and user notes.
You can also email any part of the contents including Plans and Room Data Sheets to yourself or others.
These Apps for iPad, iPhone and Android phones and tablets are available from the Apple ‘App Store’ and ‘Google Play’ which can be accessed directly from the device. Content is downloaded to the device upon first viewing of each item.
Legal Note: These apps operate in a similar manner to News Aggregators. They do not aim to re-publish or re-sell the free content of any international guidelines.